This blog showcases small and large paintings depicting landscapes, wildlife, and still life subjects. Selected paintings are for sale.

Monday, July 9, 2007

A Foretaste of landscapes to come...

These are a foretaste of the style of landscape paintings I will be posting in the coming weeks. They are slightly larger in format but nonetheless give the viewer a sense of what to expect. While these paintings are not for sale, future paintings will have a 'bid' link to Ebay.

The first is what I have entitled 'Forest Boulder'. This boulder actually exists in Swallow Falls State Park in western Maryland. (original approx. 9x12 acrylic on canva-paper)

I took some artistic license and added the white tail deer -- not out of character for this location.


The second painting is one that is "in progress" and is tentatively entitled 'Broken Tree'. This is a scene from western Pennsylvania, between Meyersdale and Garrett, in southern Somerset county. I wanted to evoke the feeling of a late summer dusk, the air humid and heavy but with a whiff of the autumn that will follow. And I also wanted to evoke a sense of quiet with nothing to distract the viewer except the sound of katydids and crickets and the odd bird singing goodnight.


(original 12x24 acrylic on stretched canvas)

As one can see, I still have significant work to do on the foliage and the grasses of the field. However, I am happy with my progress so far.

No comments: